As a member of the EXCEL Learning Community students commit to the following for the first year of college (fall/spring):
- Pursuing a STEM major as defined by EXCEL (see major listing).
- Taking the required math courses for their major with the EXCEL program (College Algebra – Calculus III).
- Completing the STEM Seminar sequence (ISC 2054 and 2055).
- Participating in the required EXCEL Center study hours (minimum of 3 a week) prior to the first math exam. These hours will be dropped/adjusted based on a student’s performance on each math exam.
- Being active and engaged members of the EXCEL Learning Community.
Students choosing to leave EXCEL will participate in an exit interview with the program director/coordinator before being released from the program. Upon leaving, students will forego program benefits (e.g., classes, priority registration, resources).
All requirements of the program occur in the first year. After that time, there are no required courses but there are continued opportunities for involvement.