FTIC members of EXCEL are eligible to live in our Living Learning Community (LLC).
Benefits of the EXCEL LLC:
- Immerse yourself with other STEM students
- Establish a support network
- Make like-minded friends
- Integrate academic and social involvement
Applications for the EXCEL/COMPASS LLC open in early January. Housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis at UCF, so it is important to apply early.
To formally apply to the EXCEL/COMPASS LLC, you must submit/finalize a housing agreement and complete your living-learning community (LLC) application. You can find both of these through the Department of Housing and Residence Life.
It’s a simple process. All you need to do is:
- Complete a housing agreement online for Academic-Year Housing.
- Next, log into myUCF and go into Student Self Service > Housing > Housing Portal > Living Learning Communities.
- Select the EXCEL/COMPASS LLC and answer the free response question(s).
- Review the LLC agreement outlining the expectations of residents in the LLC, and sign at the bottom of the agreement using your UCFID number.
That’s it! If you have any questions or problems, please follow up with UCF Housing and Residence Life.
Note: On-campus housing is not guaranteed through the EXCEL/COMPASS program. If you have not been accepted to the program, you are not eligible for the living-learning community. The EXCEL application and the LLC application are separate applications.