Which Program is Right For You?
|STEM Engagement Internship
|Pathways Internship Program
|Provides students and educators with hands-on, project based experiences. Great opportunity to gain valuable experience at NASA!
|Provides students and recent graduates with paid work experience and a dynamic development opportunity, similar to a co-op. Offers the chance for permanent NASA employment upon completion of the program!
|How to apply
|Apply on intern.nasa.gov by March 1.
|Apply on www.usajobs.gov starting Feb. 6. Students can prepare to apply by developing a profile in USAJOBs, building their resume, and creating a notification for NASA Pathways intern opportunities that will alert them when our announcements open.
|• Be a U.S. citizen
• GPA: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• High school students (at least 16 years at the time of application)
• Undergraduate or graduate students enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at an accredited college or university.
|• Be a U.S. citizen
• Be enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) in an accredited educational institution
• Be enrolled on at least half-time basis pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher
• GPA: 2.9 on a 4.0 scale
• Have completed at least 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours towards a bachelor’s degree or
pursuing a graduate degree.
• Undergraduate students must have at least 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours remaining prior to graduation. Graduate and doctorate students must have an expected graduate date no earlier than one year from the closing date of a job announcement
|A common misconception is that NASA only offers engineering internships. Please know that there are opportunities for students who are not majoring in engineering. NASA needs employees with a variety of knowledge and skills. At NASA, our engineers, mathematicians, scientists, accountants, writers, IT specialists, project managers, program analysts, and many other professionals work together to break barriers to achieve the seemingly impossible. Non-engineering interns may support a variety of business and program management work, including procurement, budgeting, accounting, information technology, and security.