EXCEL/COMPASS students are encouraged to apply. We have had multiple winners from our program – you could be the next one! Below find information about the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation award, which is an exceptional opportunity for our junior/senior level students. For more information on the process of applying, please contact the Office of Prestigious Awards.
UCF is now accepting applications for the Astronaut Scholarship, a scholarship for up to $15,000 for STEM students with extensive research experience. The mission of the Astronaut Scholarship is to provide college scholarships for the best and brightest students to advance the United States’ role as a global leader in science and technology.
We’ve included eligibility information in this email for any interested students. Any questions can be sent to OPA@ucf.edu. Please see the attached nomination form/application, which needs to be submitted to UCF Office of Prestigious Awards by March 2, 2022.
- Be a U.S. citizen (birth certificate, U.S. passport or naturalization papers required).
- Be a junior or senior at the time the scholarship begins (Fall 2022).
- Must be nominated by faculty.
- Have completed two years of full-time study at the ASF-supported/nominating school.
- Major in Natural or Applied Science, Engineering, Technology or Mathematics (biomedical research students are eligible, however, pre-med are not).
- Maintain full-time student status during both terms of the ASF-supported academic year.
- Have conducted a considerable amount of research in their specific field.
- Applicants must schedule an appointment with OPA
Students interested in applying for this scholarship should complete the nomination form with a faculty member. Completed applications with all materials must be submitted to OPA@ucf.edu by March 2nd at 12 PM.