The mission of the EXCEL program is to increase student success in the first two years of their college career in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline. To accomplish this mission EXCEL offers the following benefits to EXCEL participants.
Benefits of EXCEL
- The feeling of a small college experience (400 EXCEL students will be recruited every year) while they pursue a STEM degree in a large university (UCF has approximately 68,000 students).
- On-campus housing Students can apply for on-campus housing through the UCF Housing Office. Once a housing agreement is received, students can complete the EXCEL Living Learning Community application for consideration for placement in the EXCEL housing block.
- An EXCEL Center dedicated to the tutoring needs of the EXCEL students where free math and science tutoring will be provided.
- An EXCEL Academic Advisor will assist in the planning of academic schedules during sessions in the EXCEL Center.
- An undergraduate research experience for eligible students (3.0 UCF GPA) in the spring semester of the second year which will be supervised by EXCEL faculty and will lead to other rewarding experiences at UCF (e.g., RAMP, McNair programs)
- Read more about the benefits of EXCEL
- Download the EXCEL Brochure
The EXCEL application for the 2019-2020 year are now open. Apply NowCheck application status
STEM majors as defined by the EXCEL program include Aerospace Engineering, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Construction Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Forensic Science, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Statistics, Photonics and Physics