The mission of the EXCEL program is to increase student success in the first two years of their college career in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline. To accomplish this mission EXCEL offers the following benefits to EXCEL participants.
Benefits of EXCEL
- The feeling of a small college experience (200 EXCEL students will be recruited every year) while they pursue a STEM degree in a large college (UCF has approximately 60,000 students).
- On-campus housing Students who apply for on-campus housing through the UCF Housing Office and receive a housing agreement will be placed in the EXCEL housing block if they wish.
- An EXCEL Center dedicated to the tutoring needs of the EXCEL students where free math and science tutoring will be provided.
- An EXCEL Academic Advisor to assist in the planning of academic schedule who will reside in the EXCEL Center.
- A paid undergraduate research experience in the spring semester of the sophomore year which will be supervised by EXCEL faculty and will lead to other rewarding experiences at UCF (e.g., RAMP, McNair programs)
- Read more about the benefits of EXCEL
- Download the EXCEL Brochure